Thursday, December 29, 2011

You Just Never Know...


Hi!

Today, my daughter and I took a short road trip.  We went to a couple of flea markets.


A few blogs back, I had mentioned I have some vintage santa candles but no candlesticks to put them in.    I found a pair today.  They are a simple glass design and will work well with other candles in my decor.

I also found a pretty plaque with a rose carved into it.  I tried but couldn't get a good picture of it.  The stone it's made out of, kept glaring or I just couldn't get the camera to focus right.






Audre found an old child's tractor and I took this picture of her on it.  :)







As we continued on... I found this...  The tag on it read "1902 Rat Scrubber"... did I read that right?... Surely not...   I checked it again and sure enough that's what the writing on the tag looked like. "1902 Rat Scrubber".   I thought, No... surely not, surely it's not a scrubber for those furry little rodents.

Anyway, it was a cool find.  I left it where I found it but my curiosity got the best of me and when I got home I did some research.

As you can imagine, I found nothing about antique rat scrubbers.   So... I looked through the suggestions, selected some images and found one that looked just like the one I saw at the flea market today.   I'm glad to say I now know the true name for this cool tool.  It is a antique Pot Scrubber, not rat scrubber.   I kind of wish I had went ahead bought it.  It would look cool hanging in the kitchen.  Oh well, maybe it will be there the next time I go and have a little extra cash.


On the way home, a couple of men were on the highway, stopping traffic.   I was the car in front of the line building up behind me.  They were trying to get a semi with a trailer backed into a small business yard.  The big truck was all the way across the road, back and forth, trying to maneuver it in to the small driveway.  A red minivan was behind me.    I sat there patiently waiting, then....

HONK... HONK HONK HONK....HONK!!! The lady in the red mini van behind me was not honking in kindness.  The next thing I know, she pulls out around me and speeds by, toward the truck and man standing between us and the truck.  He tried to get out of the way, but it seemed any way he moved, she moved.  I thought she was going to hit him.   There was nowhere for her to go, except through the man and the truck.   I don't know if she just lost her cool or had an emergency come up, all of a sudden, but she almost caused an emergency when she reacted the way she did.

I had my camera with me, but I was too stunned to take a picture.  I just sat there shaking my head and I wasn't alone.  I looked in my rear view mirror and the man in the truck behind me was shaking his head too.

You just never know...

What ever the case, I hope she made it to her destination safely without causing injury to anyone else.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GIVEAWAY

Check out Carolyn's HAPPY NEW YEAR Giveaway
http://carolyn-justonemorestitch.blogspot.com/2011/12/happy-new-year-giveaway.html

It ends January 5, 2012

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well... that's it for this evening.   Here's wishing you a Fabulous Friday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

6 comments:

  1. Lots of excitement. I love that you stayed positive even though the other driver was being so ...rude! Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop at Katherines corner xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katherine! I look forward to the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what "road drama!" Hard to believe how angry people get when they're driving!!! I'm glad you made it home safely--and I love your treasures!!!

    Happy New Year!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope you had a good time in spite of the others out there. sigh! I enjoyed your blog - so much fun! I really like your picture of "blessed is the nation...". Is it okay with you if I put that on my blog sidebar?!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cindy! Happy New Year to you too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holly! Thanks for visiting. :) It is okay to use the "blessed is the nation" pic... I found it as a free clip art. :)

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham