Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pretty Lights and Tasty Recipe

Hello,

I found out today, that I will be starting 2012 out with cut hours at work.  I'm going from 40 to 36 hours.  This will give me more time on the weekends to work on my quilting, etc.   Though it will cut my paycheck, I'm trying to look at it in a positive way.   I can't change the situation, so I'm trusting God, that everything will work out.

My family and I took my dad-n-law, Dennis, his Christmas gift today and had a good visit with him. :)

This evening David and Audre went to the town square and took some good pictures of it lit up for Christmas.  Aren't they pretty?


North side of courthouse

Northeast side of courthouse

Audre and Santa's lil' house

Christmas tree lane
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Chicken Stew
1 whole chicken, cut up
1 can chicken broth
10 cups of water
1/2 onion, cut in large chunks
1 large clove of garlic, quartered
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. Cavendar's Greek seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)

1 can cream of chicken soup
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
2-3 carrots, scrapped and cut in chunks
8 oz. frozen whole kernel corn, can use canned, but drain off liquid
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded melting cheese

Place first eight ingredients in a large pot and cook until chicken is cooked all the way through.  Remove chicken from pot onto a platter to cool, enough to pull off the bone. Strain the broth and return to pot.  While chicken is cooling, peel and chunk potatoes and carrots and add to broth.  Pull chicken off the bone and add to broth.  Add cream of chicken and corn.  Bring, back to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are done.  Add butter, milk and cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted.  Serve with biscuits or crackers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, that's all I have for this evening.  

Here's wishing you a fabulous Friday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful lights! And thanks so much Sonia for the lovely Christmas card. It was so thoughtful of you. Merry Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and that chicken stew looks like pure comfort food. thank you for sharing and for linking to Thursday Favorite Things blog Hop at Katherines Corner. Merry Christmas Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful light displays!!!
    So sorry to hear about the hour cuts ~ hopefully it won't last long ~ enjoy while you can!
    Merry Christmas!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham