Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bag It or Not

Hello all!

I trust you've had a good day.   It was down right chilly today, I think the high was in the forties.  I didn't venture out, so I'm not sure.  I stayed in and stayed nice and warm.

Today was a day of relaxing.   I think it was the first day I have truly relaxed in a couple of weeks.

I prepared some fat quarter packs, a small 5" charm pack, and a few packs of usable scrap fabrics.  

These packs will be used as door prizes for the Christmas party, that the quilt guild I attend, has every year.

After I finished with the fabric packs, I wrapped presents and put them under the tree.   This year is the first year I put everything in gift bags.  My husband and kids usually wrap the packages they have, so there are some packages under that tree that aren't in bags.  :0)
Microsoft clip art

Let me tell you, in my mind bags are the way to go.  I had everything packaged and under the tree in record time and they look nice to boot.   I started using bags several years ago, because my wrapping is atrocious, but this is the first year that I have put everything in bags.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

Christmas bags or Christmas wrapping?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Today, I tried Bread Pudding.  I've never had bread pudding and was pleasantly surprised.  The recipe I used is from a cookbook I bought several years ago, and from friend. :)

Bread Pudding
by Helen Gilbreath

5 or 6 slices of bread
2 cups of milk
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 teaspoon baking powder

Break bread into pieces.  Soak in milk at least 15 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients and beat on low until well blended.  Bake in buttered baking dish at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.  Sprinkle top with nutmeg.


I didn't have nutmeg, so I sprinkle the top with cinnamon and it worked well.






++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's it for now.   

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

My answer to yesterday's question:  peanut butter and syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham