Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The God on the Mountain...

Hello!

I trust you had a pleasant and blessed Christmas holiday, filled with laughter and love.  

As this week winds down and the year ends,  I look back, over my shoulder, at 2011.  There were many times "down in the valley" and a few times on "top of the mountain".

However, no matter what, I knew, I was not alone.   The God on the mountain is the same God that's in the valley ~ my Strength and my Comforter.

Things I have learned in the past year...

  1. I learned during a time of working with a tyrant that, by the grace of God,  I can hold my tongue.
  2. I learned to not sweat the small stuff, usually it doesn't matter to me within the next hour anyway.
  3. I've learned that I can't always control or change a situation.  Thereby, teaching me to hand it all over to God.
  4. I learned that I'm still a kid at heart, though my hair has gained a lot of gray this year.
  5. I learned that I tend to over schedule myself, causing myself stress. (this is something I hope to remedy in 2012)
  6. I've learned to be ready for change, as change has been the main theme in the past nine months.
I look toward 2012 with a little uncertainty.  I will return to work with my weekly hours cut back, another change.  Questions like "what's going to happen next?" run through my mind, but I know my Strength and my Comforter will be with me.

Some goals I have set for myself in 2012...
  1. To get my "block of the month" done on time, each month.
  2. To make a point to not over schedule myself ~ learn to say "no thank you".
  3. To do better with sending out cards for special occasions, like b-days, anniversary, get well, etc.
  4. To do better with making sure I get my quiet time for prayer and Bible study.
I hope I haven't given myself too many goals for the new year.   I will do my best.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

2012... looking forward, what goals have you set?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I worked on my small afghan today and hope to get it finished this week.  I also started to crochet a pot holder today.  This will be my first pot holder to make.  I will post a pic of both items when I get them done this week. 

My son, Josh, painted a picture this week.   I thought he did a good job.  Check it out. 



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, that's all I have for this evening.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

3 comments:

  1. Good goals and a great picture by your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam!

    Here's wishing you a new year full of blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your son's painting is amazing!! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year ahead--and hope you accomplish all these wonderful goals!!! xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham