Sunday, March 27, 2011

Something to Celebrate!

Can you believe it sleeted in my neck of the woods today?!  

As we were walking to our car after church this morning, sleet began to fall and wouldn't you know it, my camera was here on my desk and not in my handbag as usual - So, no picture to show off the sleet.  It was tiny stuff, but sleet none the less.  

I knew the few days of warm temps (as much as I enjoyed them) were teasers, as it usually gets cold again before or around Easter. 

As I think back over the years; around Easter it always gets cold and rainy.  I use to think of  it as the earth mourning the death of Christ on the cross.  That was before I truly understood what His death meant.  

Now, I view Easter as a celebration.  

There is a song called "Glorious Day" that Todd Agnew sings that states what I'm talking about.  The words to the chorus are as follows.

Living, He loved me; dying, He saved me;
Buried, He carried my sins far away;
Rising, He justified freely forever;
One day He's coming - Oh glorious day!

In the book of Romans, chapter 5, verses 8-11... But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.  And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Christ died for us.  He didn't die merely for our benefit but in our place.  His death was a substitutionary sacrifice.   

The death of Christ and His shed blood effect salvation, but the life of Christ sustains it. 

Romans 4:24-5:2  But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed (or attributed to), if we believe on Him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offenses, and was raised again for our justification. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Microsoft clip art

Because Jesus was raised from the dead we know that His sacrifice on Calvary was accepted in God's sight and Jesus' righteousness is available to all.

That, in my mind and soul, is something to celebrate!!


God bless and keep you,
Sonia

3 comments:

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham