Thursday, March 3, 2011

Foiled and Jacob's Ladder


Earlier today, we had the doors open at work.
  Yesterday there was a controlled burn somewhere nearby and when we opened up the office this morning, the smell of the smoke was still with us.   The air outside was clean and fresh, so the doors flew open and stayed opened.

This of course, made it very hard for me to stay indoors!!  I was on the verge of running.
Microsoft clip art

We had an employee get sick this morning and Bonnie (co-worker) took her to the doctor’s office.   I received a call shortly after they left. 
   
Bonnie had a flat.  She had picked up a nail or something on the way to the doctor’s office.  

She was able to get her vehicle to a shop and I went to pick her up.  When she got in the car I asked her if she had her handbag.   She didn’t.  Everything happened so fast, when she took our employee to the doctor’s; she left without her bag.  

Microsoft clip art

Thus my escape was foiled!  

I told her, if she had her handbag we could have taken off to Russellville and gone shopping.  


We got back to work and told our HR Director about the close call.  She laughed and said she was glad we returned.  





****************************************************************************
 Quote for today
"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." 
~Benjamin Franklin~ 


****************************************************************************

I awoke this morning with this pattern in my mind.
I looked it up in one of my books and found it.



Tonight, I cut the fabric needed for the blocks and pieced my first Jacob's Ladder block.  

I will have to trim it up and square it off.  The blocks will be 9" blocks with finished.  

It seems my lighting isn't the best and this picture doesn't do the colors justice.  I will have to make sure my  lighting is better when I take a picture of the finished product.


 ****************************************************************************
 Final Thoughts

Tomorrow is Friday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia
 

4 comments:

  1. Jacob's ladder, I LOVE IT!!!!!! I just thought of something but time will tell! Love to you friend, Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day Sonia! I'm glad you found time to make the block.....it's beautiful :-) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michele! I have spent today working on the quilt top with Jacob's Ladder. I will post a pic when I get it finished. I hope to have the quilt finished and mailed out by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham