Monday, March 14, 2011

A Generous Monday

Today was a hectic but good Monday.  Monday, good?  Hectic yes... but good?

It actually was a pretty decent day.   Today we started our bi-annual "teacup" auction for the American Cancer Society, we have at work for the employees to participate in.  My morning was filled with setting it up.

When I first heard of a "teacup" auction, I visualized a lot of pretty teacups sitting out for auction. 

That's not exactly how it goes.   We take in donations from our employees and some suppliers, for the auction and I use recycled cardboard boxes from work to collect tickets.  Tickets are sold and the buyer puts a ticket or tickets in the box for the item they are interested in.

This teacup auction had enough donations to have 57 different groupings, taking up 5 tables.

The donations were everything from live plants to items from Professional football and baseball teams.

Here are a few pics of some of the stuff turned in. 
Someone made a birdhouse .  There is also a bookmark that is embroidered.

This box gets filled up every time!  Go figure.  :)

 One of our pro-athlete donations

A cute embroidered diaper (part of a set)

A cedar book shelf and a small cedar chest, made by an employee's spouse.

Small table... 
Can you believe it was made out of scrap pallets from the back of the plant?!

We usually get some pretty good stuff to raise money with.  I think we will do good this auction.  I will post how much we raise later in the week.  We will have the drawing on Friday.


************************************

This evening I reached one of my goals for this week.   

 I finished the star block for the Quilts of Valor project.  

I will mail it off tomorrow.


************************************
 In Closing...

The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.
Psalm 34:7

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham