Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sew busy and I got the message

Started out sewing this morning around 9:00 a.m. 
Stopped long enough for lunch around 2:00 p.m.
Got sleepy around 2:30 p.m.
Laid down... fell asleep until 5:00 p.m.
Started sewing again at 5:15 p.m.
Made myself stop at 8:00 p.m.  (got most of the Jacob's Ladder quilt top done...)

Realized I had not studied for my Sunday school  lesson, I'm teaching tomorrow.  Studied until 9:00 p.m.

Then realized I had not done the summary for the week of a woman's Bible study I'm doing, titled "Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed, A Study of David" by Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore and Kay Arthur.

Popped in the DVD to listen to Kay Arthur.   She gave 5 things about sin.
  1. Sin will take you farther than you ever intended to go. (2 Samuel 11-12; 1 Chronicles 11:41)
  2.  When you sin, you are despising God.  (1 Samuel 12:9)  This pierced my heart.  How many times do we despise God in one day?
  3. Sin is evil (2 Samuel 12:9)
  4. The temptation to sin is not more than you can bear (1 Corinthians 10:13)  Praise God for that!
  5. Sin costs you more than you expected to pay. (Numbers 32:23)

Needless to say, but I will anyway... the part about despising God, broke me down. 

I wasn't expecting that.

You know, you go along thinking everything is okay... your sins are covered up... at least from the human perspective, forgetting that God sees and knows everything your doing or is going through your mind.   Then He sends a message to let you know that He is still very present in your life.

Well I got the message. 

On twitter tonight Max Lucado... asked  "Weary of the shoulda, woulda, coulda?"  His message tomorrow will be on that subject.

Yes, I'm weary.  But after the message I got today, I know I can press forward and not let the "covered" sin or the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" hold me back.

*****************************************
Goal for tomorrow
To finish the "Jacob's Ladder" quilt top I'm working on in the afternoon.
I can then start tying it on Monday evening and then mail it out either Tuesday or Wednesday.

*****************************************
  Have a great rest of the weekend!
God bless and keep you,
Sonia 

2 comments:

  1. You had a busy and inspiring day :-) I hope you finished what you planned to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele... I was able to finish tying the quilt tonight and bound two sides... will finish it tomorrow night. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham