Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chillin' Out

I started on a mug rug, after work today.

I fussy cut one piece and then my hubby tells me our kids are taking us out for dinner.  So I closed my rotary cutter, left my ruler and fabric where it was and headed out the door!   I will start where I left off tomorrow. :)

We went to El Puerto in Ozark, AR.   Every time I go there, it just mellows me out.  I don't know why, but the atmosphere just relaxes me.  The only other restaurant type place that I can truly chill out in, is in Ft. Smith.  A little place called the Sweet Bay Coffee Co.

Is there a place like that for you?


*************************************************************
Money, Money, Money
$611.00

That's how much money we raised at work for the American Cancer Society with our tea cup auction.

This morning when I walked into my cubicle I found two nice "do it yourself" type books sitting in my chair.  They were a donation for the next fund raiser we have.   

I was in the vault a little later in the morning and found two very nice framed pictures that should have been in the auction, so I set them up for the next fund raiser too.

*************************************************************
 In Closing....

Here's wishing you a wonderful Wednesday! 

May the God of hope fill you with joy.
Romans 15:13

God bless and keep you,
Sonia







6 comments:

  1. Going out to dinner is definitely a wonderful reason to stop working on sewing projects!! Congrats on the success of your fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes it was very nice to chill out. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great fund raiser :-) Going out to dinner almost anywhere can be very relaxing for me ......no cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the "no cooking" part. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sonia -

    Congrats on the successful fundraiser!

    I love The Olive Garden. There's also a nice family restaurant nearby.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham