Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Spring Trip Around the World

Tonight, I cut out the blocks for the small quilt I've started.  

I've decided to call it "A Spring Trip Around the World".

I haven't received permission to share the steps to the 90 Minute Quilt, so I won't be able to post them.  I will however be able to share the quilt I'm making.

After viewing the layout in the picture, I'm thinking of putting the green squares where the blue is, the blue squares where the pink is and pink where the green is.   

The picture shows my second choice of layout.  The first choice had the pink and yellow blocks reversed.

I will decide for sure which way to place them by tomorrow evening and then I will begin to sew.


I am also working on a small afghan at this time. 

Here is what I have done so far.  I'm at the place of a color change.. so I will pick back up with the light pink and do the colors in reverse ending with the dark blue.



****************************************************************

I received a email from a friend today that ended with "Take care of the earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!"   And as I am sipping on hot chocolate  at this time, I decided to share a chocolaty recipe.

One of my favorite cakes... 
German Chocolate Cake.  
See recipe by clicking the Recipe Tab at top of page.


****************************************************************

Here's bidding you ado.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

God bless and keep you, 
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. Loved your description of color switching.And I must say, I never thought about the earth being the only planet with chocolate...so, why would anyone want to explore other planets and go without ;)Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog...I certainly enjoyed my return visit to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! as to the chocolate.. I have never thought of that either. :)

    I enjoy your blog as well and look forward to future posts.

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham