Thursday, February 17, 2011

Micro Vacation!

My place of work is having a "All you can eat Soup Lunch" to raise money for the American Cancer Society.  The menu is Potato Soup or 2X4 Soup, with all the fixings, desserts, and drinks.

I volunteered to make a "food run" this morning. We were a little short on carrots and ham.  I thought "micro vacation!" but then realized when I walked back into the office how badly I wanted to stay out.

It is beautiful today.  The sun is shining, there's a breeze, birds were singing... just beautiful!

While I was out, I ran by the post office and gave the quilting book to Sandra.    She was pleasantly surprised and offered to pay for the book.  I denied payment and told her if she gets hooked on quilting, she's going to love it and that the book had helped me out a lot when I started quilting.

It was nice... giving a smile to another.

************************************************
Thought for today:
This morning I received a quote in my email that I liked.

Death is more universal than life;
everyone dies but not everyone lives.
 ~ A. Sachs~


Are You Living?


************************************************


God bless and keep you,
Sonia

PS.  Check out the poll I have going on at the top of my page.   Place a vote and let's see the results at the end of the week!

4 comments:

  1. So nice of you to give her the book!! She will always remember that and maybe some day pass it on as well. :-) I voted in your poll and am excited to see what the results will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! Yes, if she gets hooked on quilting I'm sure she will pass on too. :)

    I too look forward to the results of the poll.

    Have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was gorgeous here, too. The sun was warm, but the snow is still around:) Nice of you to share from your book collection. I'm sure Sandra will be happy to refer to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joanna!

    Hope you are enjoying the sunshine as much as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham