Saturday, February 19, 2011

Busy Saturday

This morning I drove to Midway, AR.  It's a little spot on the map about 13 miles East of Paris.   I arrived around 10:00 AM at the community center.  I met with Lenora, Charlotte, Debbie and Patsy.

The 2011 Butterfly Quilt Committee met today to work on the quilt to be raffled off at the Annual Butterfly Festival in June.

Everyone brought in their sewing machines, cutters, mats... everything we needed to get business done.  

I, of course, brought my camera too.  :)

I got tickled because Charlotte grumbled a little bit when she found out I had my camera.  She said she was tired of showing up in my blog.  She hasn't been in my blog that much but I assured her I would not post a pic of her in this blog.  
 
She paid me back for previous times by taking a picture of all the gray hair I have.  That's when you know your friend truly loves you. :)
Do I see a silver lining?  :)

We cut fabric.
Debbie cutting fabric

We squared up the appliqued blocks, as they tend to get a little wonky during the appliqueing process.
Lenora squaring up a block
 
We sewed blocks together.
I'm sewing... Charlotte sewed too :)

  We pressed.
Lenora pressing a block
 
When enjoyed a meal together of Broccoli Cheese Soup, crackers, soft drinks and chocolaty confection.  YUMMY!

Here's what we accomplished today.  The two missing blocks will be turned in next week.

We plan to meet next Saturday to finish the quilt top.


**************************************************
Thought for today:
"Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough." 
~ Charles Dudley Warner



Since it was a busy day I decided to make a light meal of my smoked sausage with beans and baked sweet potato fries.   See the recipe for my smoked sausage and beans by clicking on the Recipe tab at the top of the page.


**************************************************
 Goal:
I've decided to do a quilt out of a book I received at Christmas.  It's titled 90- Minute Quilts, by Meryl Ann Butler.  I will post the pattern tomorrow with pic from the book on the Quilt Pattern tab at the top of the page.

Remember to vote on the poll listed at the top of the page.  Only 3 days left! :)

**************************************************
In Closing:
I enjoyed today working with friends on a project we love to do.  I think the quilt is going to be beautiful when it's done.   I pray your day was enjoyable as well. :)

God bless and keep you,
Sonia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham