Friday, February 25, 2011

Books and More!

Today was my "book day".

After leaving work today, my daughter, mother-n-law and I went to the library.   I checked out House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekkar.  It's described as a mind-bending supernatural thriller.  I started the book on the way to Ft. Smith the evening.  I'm hooked!!

While in Ft. Smith, I went to the LifeWay Store and bought the book Life Interrupted, Navigating the Unexpected by Pricilla Shirer.  Upon doing so I received another of her books free.
It is titled One In a Million.

I also went to Michaels and bought items for one of the door prizes at our next quilt guild meeting in March.  I bought a pair of snippers and a wrist pin cushion.   I added a fat quarter to it from my stash to round the gift out.

I also found some crosses to change up my black pearl necklace from time to time.



That's how my late afternoon and early evening was spent.

After getting home, I set out the ingredients I need, to make a 2X4 soup.  It's my turn to cook the main part of lunch for the 2011 Butterfly Quilt Committee.  We will meet again tomorrow to work on the quilt we are raffling off during the Butterfly Festival in June.

The recipe is posted on the Recipe tab above.  I will be cutting the recipe in half, as there will only be 5 of us to feed tomorrow for lunch.

************************************   

New Give Away posted.
Check it out by clicking the Give Away tab above.
 

************************************

 Quote for today

For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee. ~ Isaiah 54:10


God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham