Tuesday, October 30, 2012

For those affected by the storm...

Good morning!

Last night as I watched the reports of wind pushing the ocean in on the east coast and as I saw the snow falling in the higher elevations from Kentucky to West Virginia, I was amazed at the awesome power that is in nature.  There is nothing we can do to stop it.   I saw this morning how the storm pushed the beach inland, taking out the first floors of homes, and then how the ocean rolled rocks from the ocean's edge up on to land and through buildings.    A lot of damage has been done, and more will be done and noticed as the water recedes and the winds die down.

I want to start today with a prayer for those who are affected by the storm.

Father, thank You for today, for the damage not being worse, though it is bad.  Thank you for guiding the leaders and emergency personnel to warn people and to help them get out of harms way.  I ask You to watch over all those who are having to work through the process of rescuing people, who have been trapped and for the trapped people I ask You to give them a sense of peace and calmness and continue to protect them.  I ask You to watch over the workers who will be cleaning up after the storm and those who will be getting things back into order and running.   Those who have been surprised with snow over night, I ask You to keep them safe and warm.  Please give the families of all those who are in the damaged areas, a sense of peace, trusting their loved ones are safe.  Father, we don't always understand why destruction by nature happens, but we know we are not alone.  You are there with us through it all.  I love You Lord and ask all these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Until we meet again, 
God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:


  1. My prayers are with everyone as well. I wanted to stop by to let you know that you are one of the winners in my Purex giveaway! Congrats! I need you to send me an email with your full name and mailing adrress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Sonia.
    Amen
    Prayers and thoughts going to everyone that is/was in the path of this horrific storm.
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham