Saturday, October 27, 2012

Beautiful Day

Hello,

my day started out with the first frost of the year.


Later in the morning, my husband, daughter and I went up on the mountain to try to get pictures of the color change.   It's been awfully dry this year and we haven't had a lot of cool nights/warm days to get the colors quite to their peak yet, but we got a few pictures.   David took a couple of pictures of me and Audre too.












I truly enjoyed the time we spent up there.  It was a beautiful day.






After we got home, this evening I decided I needed to so something about the blocks I created for the block of the month.  I started them last October, but then when my dad was sick and in the hospital for a full month, and I got away from the quilting.   So they have sat there waiting on me to complete the rest.    Well I pulled them out today and after looking at the six blocks I completed, I must confess, I did not think the process out very well.

I essentially had three sets of blocks that coordinated but the sets did not coordinate with each other.   I decide to do the following with the blocks.

  1. stitched up the beginning of a wall hanging with two of them, I still need to add borders.
  2. made two decorative pot holders out of two.   
  3. took one block and put it with two other blocks of a coordinating color to make it a vertical wall hanging, I will embellish it and add borders to it too.  
I still have a four-patch I'm not sure what I'll do with.  I will post pictures of them all when I get them done.

So, after explaining all of that, I will be removing the quilt block of the month tab.  I apologize for dropping the ball on that.   If you have made the blocks, I would love to see what you decide to do with them.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since we are beginning a new week, the last week of the month, I thought I share a photo I took today in regard to Halloween and all the spookiness that ties in to it.  :)










That's all I have for now.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham