my day started out with the first frost of the year.
Later in the morning, my husband, daughter and I went up on the mountain to try to get pictures of the color change. It's been awfully dry this year and we haven't had a lot of cool nights/warm days to get the colors quite to their peak yet, but we got a few pictures. David took a couple of pictures of me and Audre too.
I truly enjoyed the time we spent up there. It was a beautiful day.
After we got home, this evening I decided I needed to so something about the blocks I created for the block of the month. I started them last October, but then when my dad was sick and in the hospital for a full month, and I got away from the quilting. So they have sat there waiting on me to complete the rest. Well I pulled them out today and after looking at the six blocks I completed, I must confess, I did not think the process out very well.
I essentially had three sets of blocks that coordinated but the sets did not coordinate with each other. I decide to do the following with the blocks.
- stitched up the beginning of a wall hanging with two of them, I still need to add borders.
- made two decorative pot holders out of two.
- took one block and put it with two other blocks of a coordinating color to make it a vertical wall hanging, I will embellish it and add borders to it too.
So, after explaining all of that, I will be removing the quilt block of the month tab. I apologize for dropping the ball on that. If you have made the blocks, I would love to see what you decide to do with them.
That's all I have for now.
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
God bless and keep you,