Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hello all!

Today I'm high-lighting my husbands cooking skills.   He makes very good bread.  So my weekly recipe will be the bread recipe he used today for our family gathering.

It was a day of music, singing and fellowship as we enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal.   My second one thus far... have two more to go...

I worked on a lap quilt earlier today and was to the point of binding it, and wouldn't you know... the needle broke.   That was the fourth needle I have broken this week.  I can't figure out whats wrong with my machine.  I've tried everything I can think of, but it is still breaking needles.  I will have to work on my machine next week on one of the days I'm off.    If you have any suggestions, please share them with me.

I plan to bind the lap quilt by hand.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Country Crust Bread
2 pkgs. yeast
2 c. lukewarm water
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/4 c. oil
6 c. all-purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.  Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, oil and 3 cups flour, beat until smooth.  Mix in enough of the remaining flour to make a dough easy to handle.  Turn dough onto lightly floured board.  Knead until smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes.  Place in a greased bowl; turn greased side up.  It can be refrigerated at this point 3 to 4 days.  Cover and let rise in warm place until double in size, 1 hour or more.   Punch down dough.  Divide in half.  Put in loaf pans or make rolls; brush with oil.  Let rise until double in size.  Place on lower rack in over so tops of pans are in center of oven.  Bake in preheated 350° oven for 30 to 35 minute or until golden brown.
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's the most spontaneous thing you've done?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess that's if for now... Have a Blessed Sunday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to yesterday's question:   Yes

1 comment:

  1. That bread looks so good! I copied the recipe. Hopefully I'll get time to try it after Thanksgiving. My sons and I love breads. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham