Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day of Surprises

Today, was a RAINY day!   We needed the rain and we got it today.    I was working in Russellville, a town 40 miles east of where I live, when I heard that tornado sirens were going off in Paris and that the schools had evacuated the students to the safe areas.  That surprised me and I quickly got on line and checked out the radar and began to pray.

I got back in Paris around 2 pm and then it got dark as night outside, because the rainclouds were so heavy and pouring down.   Thankfully, we didn't have a tornado or lose electricity, but I tell you it was a snappin' and poppin' outside.

It seems like rain always bring out the colors, in the trees.  After the rain slowed and it was clearing in the west, there was a orange cast to the sky and the fall foliage just popped!  I tried to take a picture, but my little digital just didn't do it justice.

I found a nice surprise in my mail box today.  

A few weeks back I was notified that I had been picked for a drawing.   I received my prize today.    5 fat quarters in my favorite color, blue!   Aren't they pretty?!

Annie sent them to me.  I think she did a great job picking out the fabrics.  The card she sent with them was cute and sweet.

Thank you Annie!!

You can check Annie's blog out at http://rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's you favorite knock-knock joke?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Peace...
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:24 (NIV)


Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to yesterday's question: Tuna Casserole

4 comments:

  1. Those FQ's look yummy. :o) Glad there weren't any tornadoes.. (my parents and bro and SIL live in Joplin.. I don't like seeing thunder storms on the radar over the midwest anymore!)

    Since my little one was recently obsessed with knock knock jokes, I will tell you this one:
    Knock Knock-Who's there?-
    Duane--Duane who?
    Duane the bathtub I'm du-wow-ning. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie is great. I won several months ago. I picked RED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the prize! The colors are lovely.

    I hope everyone is okay in Paris (IL?). One of my dear friends lives there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Susan! Everyone is okay from the storms here in Arkansas. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham