Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Win, Brownies and Prayer

We have a winner!!  

Audre brought home a 3rd place ribbon for her catapult.  
I thought that was pretty awesome as she was competing against several kids from different schools.  :)


***************************************************

Big 20!

Josh turns 20 tomorrow.  Where did the time go?  
I still remember him little and having to look up to meet my eyes when he had a question, but now, I have to look up to him when we speak. :)   Joshua likes brownies, so he will get that for his birthday instead of a cake.   I love the way the smell of baking chocolate fills the house.  
It smells so yummy!


****************************************************

and Squeeze!
  
Stress balls... they are suppose to help deal with stress.   The yellow tennis ball is what use to sit in my desk drawer at work until about a day ago.   The basketball sits on my desk here at home and is never used.  The tennis ball however has been used often and by almost everyone in the office.  :)   Once again the tension has been heightened at work.  Everyone received a letter today stating another layoff  is going into effect  5/27/11, with notice of final decision of who will be laid off tomorrow.    

I have been bringing some of my things home a little at a time this past week, because quite frankly I feel my days are numbered.    I'm at peace with it though.  God has given me peace about it.   If I'm laid off, I know He will open another door for me.   I've put in 22 years, so a change would be nice...

However, I am concerned about others, that may not have the peace of mind I have.  I feel for everyone who has already been laid off and for those who will be notified tomorrow.   I have asked the prayer warriors at church to pray for them and we did this evening. 

I'm asking all my prayer warrior friends here to lift the people up in prayer.

I know God still sits on the throne and is in control of all that goes on, but not everyone has that assurance and sometimes, even for those who do, it can still be very difficult to face a lay off situation.


******************************************************
 In Closing

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler (shield), and the Horn of my salvation, and my High Tower.  Psalm 18:2


God bless and keep you,
Sonia 

2 comments:

  1. I read after we knew who was laid off, I agreed with you about
    God giving you peace. I walked in with you this morning and I was at peace with myself but we very unsettled about what would happen to our friends today. My only hope is that they all do well in there new life. When one door closes another one opens. Love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham