Friday, May 6, 2011

Home Made and Drying Out...

Since it hasn't rained for a couple of days and things are drying out, I thought I'd share some pics with you.


 

The rain was rough on my roses but they are springing back.






 
My Sedum and Hostas 
sure enjoyed the rain.





My first bloom on my Azaleas.

Don't remember what this is but it's cool looking when is grows out.




******************************************************

Home Made Cherry Limeade

My husband made cherry limeade from scratch yesterday. 

It was yummy.

Here's the recipe.

  • 1 cup of sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 cup of water
    •        bring these three items to boil in saucepan to make a basic sugar syrup.  Cool.
  • 2 liter Seltzer water
  • 6 limes, juiced
  • 3/8 cup Maraschino syrup
    •       combine these ingredients with the sugar syrup from above.  Mix well, serve on ice.  Keep refrigerated.   Garnish with lime slices and cherries, if you have them.

******************************************************

In Closing

He who trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like foliage. 
~ Proverbs 11:28

Have a wonderful weekend and if you are a Mom....
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

God bless and keep you, 
Sonia

3 comments:

  1. We are in need of some rain! Lovely photos of your plants. I'll have to try that recipe.......sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cherry limeade sounds great! Have a wonderful Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michele and Mariliz for your sweet comments!!

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham