Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Are You Aware?

I have been praying about breaking the addiction I have to foods that I should not be eating.   In the past when I have asked for such help it always came.  Now, understand I am a stubborn woman and it usually takes God knocking me in the head to get the point across. 

For example:  I use to drink a certain soda pop, so much that it was probably running through my veins.  I knew it was bad for me, high caffeine and sugar content, but I couldn't quit it.  So I prayed and asked God to help me break that addiction.   The next thing I know, I get sick as a dog!  The kind of sick where you can't keep anything down.  During that time, I drank the soda.   I have not been able to drink that soda since.  Don't want it, don't crave it.   

Well, that addiction was broke, but I got into other bad habits, different soda, candies, sweets, etc. 

Today, I bought a new candy bar to try.  I knew I shouldn't but I did anyway.  After eating half of it, I got an intense headache.  It hit me quick and hard like never before, so I knew it had to be something in the candy bar.   So I read the ingredients and saw something I haven't noticed before.         TBHQ.

I immediately looked it up and what I found was appalling!   TBHQ is a chemical preservative which is a form of butane.  I know there have been things in our foods that shouldn't be there for years but have never been affected until today.  It was my "knock in the head", so to speak.   I have looked at the things I like the most, candy, saltines, chips... etc.  TBHQ is in a lot of stuff!! 

I also checked some things I'm not addicted to and lo and behold it's not those things.  Go figure.

So, I'm taking the hint and keeping my eye out for stuff in the foods I buy.  I will start reading the labels when I shop.   It could be, that after years of eating the junk food I have acquired and allergic reaction to something else in the candy bar, so I will also be keeping a diet diary for a while.  I don't want to have another headache like the one I have today.  

My headache has lightened up over the day but it is still with me after 12 hours and that is with taking something to alleviate the pain.   

Be aware and find out more about TBHQ at http://www.naturalnews.com/031318_TBHQ_food_preservatives.html


**************************************************************

God works in mysterious ways... be aware of what He is telling you.   

On a lighter note, I want to share a video with you.   

It is of an experience Beth Moore had.   Beth is an awesome teacher.  She is devoted to teaching women about Christ.   Check out this video.  It had me chuckling but also brings a point that we need.




**************************************************************

Well, I've been busy this week, though I can't share my projects until after Mother's day.   That's all I'm going to share along those lines for now.  ;)

Hope all is going well for you and yours and until next time...

God bless and keep you,
Sonia 

5 comments:

  1. I knew there was all sorts of weird stuff in our food but I didn't know about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia -

    I'll have to check out that additive. I'm prone to migraines. Recently, I discovered that dark chocolate (which I LOVE) will trigger one in the blink of an eye.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly and Susan!

    That chemical was a new on to me, and I am still feeling the effects today of what happened yesterday.

    But now I know and I will not make that mistake again. :)

    God bless and keep you both!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip Sonia we try to read most labels regarding ingre. but this is a new one on me!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this chemical before but I didn't realize it was in so many things. I'll be on the look out for it.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham