Monday, November 7, 2011

Fear not!

Today, I found out some news, that my dad is facing a major medical situation.   12 years ago he had quintuple bypass on his heart.  He found out today, that three of them are 100% blocked and one is 90% blocked.    Please lift him and my mom up in prayer.

After talking to him this evening, I realize he is at peace.  That in itself comforts me, but more importantly knowing that I have a heavenly Father, is what really helps me cope. 

As you know, I refer to scripture often and tonight is no different. :)

In the book of Revelation there is a scripture that I think deals with the trials we face in life.

Fear none of those things, which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. ~ Revelation 2:10

The amplified version says it like this... Fear nothing that you are about to suffer, [Dismiss your dread and your fears!]  Behold, the devil is indeed about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested and proved and critically appraised, and for ten days you will have affliction.  Be loyally faithful unto death [even if you must die for it], and I will give you the crown of life.

During this journey of life, from time to time, a "barbed wire barrier" is thrown across our path.   We find ourselves in a situation that isn't pleasant and can be downright scary.  We will be tried and tested. 

The Lord says, fear not!  Though we have these trials and satan works against us, we can have victory through Jesus Christ.   That's what I am relying on in this situation with my dad.   I don't know what's going to happen next, but I know my dad is at peace with his Maker.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What did you have for lunch yesterday?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The moon was peeking through the clouds tonight and I tried to get a good pic...

here's what I came up with.

The moon is so bright, when it isn't behind some clouds, that you can see to walk in the dark.


I guess that's it for this evening.   I hope you have a great rest of the week!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question:  Silverado

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Friend
    First let me say I loved the pictures of your family. Your daughter is so pretty.
    I loved your angel and christmas tree. I wasnt able to leave comments the other day.
    I will be praying for your dad and dear mom. Lifitn them in prayer!
    Nothing is to difficult for thee!
    Hugs to you Trace
    P.s apple pie is a great lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have said a prayer for your Dad and his family, that God watch over all you and be with you during this difficult time and always.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham