Sunday, May 22, 2011

Shake It Off

And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. ~ Matthew 28:3

One day last week, I felt I was in the presence of a viper.  It took every ounce of my self control, to hold my tongue.  I know it was only by the grace of God I was able to do so.  Of late, I have made a habit to ask God to hold my tongue, and when my mouth does open, to put words of wisdom there, before I step into my place of employment.


The incident in which I refer to the viper, really chapped my hide.  I found myself stewing, and letting the viper control my feelings.  I knew if I didn't put a stop to it, I would very likely start plotting a way to take care of the venom that was being spit - and that would get me in more trouble, than not.


So.. I got up from my desk and went to the ladies room and locked myself in and then had a talk with the Lord.   I asked Him to remove from me the pit, my place of work has become or to remove the viper.  I asked too, that He help me control my temper, continue to hold my tongue and to give me strength to shake the viper off.   


And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. ~Matthew 28:5  Paul was able to shake off the viper.  God was with him and protected him.


I know that God is with me and will protect me too.   I also know that I sometimes ask for the wrong things.  So I have repented the anger I felt when dealing with the viper.  

I know now, to watch out for any future strikes and will be better prepared.  


My prayer:  Father, you have created me to be sensitive to the effects of action and words.  Make me wise to know Your advice and to accept it.  When my mouth opens, make my word gracious and wise.  I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.    


************************************************

My Goals for this week

1.  Work on Hoffman Challenge (what to do, what to do?)

 


2.  Finish Mariner's Compass on wall (it looks pretty rough right now)


3.  Work on Family Tree (got to love that family history)  


***************************************************

Check out the new giveaways I posted today.  
Lots of good stuff in each one!  
(click the Give Away tab above)


***************************************************
I only need 19 more to follow, to meet my goal of 50.

Then I will have a giveaway!

Please help out and share my blog with others.
 *****************************************************

Well... a storm is blowing in, so I will sign off.

Have a great week!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham