Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Compelled To Share

Microsoft clip art
Hello,

This morning, as I opened my Bible, it fell open to scripture and I have been compelled to share it all day.  I'm not sure who it is meant for, but if you are here and reading this, keep the faith - do not let what ever it is you are going through get you down in spirit.

Here are the verses.

Colossians 1: 9-14  For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with joyfulness; giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son: in whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sin:


I'm praying for you.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thunder just clapped, as a strong storm has blown in.  I see lighting popping outside through my dining room window.   I can hear the wind blowing strong and the hard rain on the roof.

The satellite has gone out and David is playing his guitar.

Snap Crackle Pop!  with a little music on the side.  :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

If you like the taste of baked potato with the fixings... you are going to like this casserole.

Hash Brown  Casserole

1 (2 pound) package of frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup round buttery cracker crumbs
        - or you could use 12 saltine crackers, crumbed up, with 1 tablespoon melted butter

Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl, being sure to mix it well.   Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 13x9x2" baking pan.  Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.  Bake at 350° F, for 55 minutes or until bubbly.   This makes 10-12 servings.   You can dress it with crumbled fried bacon, chives or green onions.

This casserole would be very easy to change up to your taste.  Change out the soup flavor, add other chopped veggies, like bell pepper, jalapeno or onions.  I think it would work good.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My first little rose opened up all the way today.  :)


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A LITTLE NOSTALGIA

Do you remember those continues feed paper reams? 

I was going through some old files at work, files I haven't looked at since I began working in safety and training.   Anyway I came across some records that were on continuous feed papers.   

I thought I would share that moment of nostalgia with one of my coworkers.  She wasn't at her desk and when I looked around, I'm pretty sure who was left, was too young to relate.   LOL

I felt what they call, the generation gap.  Can anyone relate to what I'm saying?  :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, that's all I have for now.   I hope to have a block of the month to share by the end of the week.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday Sonia
    WOnderful scriptures and recipe.
    Hugs & JOY
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trace!

      Hugs and Joy back!

      God bless and keep you,
      Sonia

      Delete
  2. Wow, I haven't seen that printer paper in a LONG time! :) You can also put crushed cornflakes mixed with the butter on top of that casserole and it is YUMMY! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelli! I would have never thought of cornflakes. Thanks for sharing that idea. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham