Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pretty Things and Treasures...

I've been looking for pretty plates to decorate with.   One I'm using, is from my personal set of china and the two others, I have found at flea markets.

This one is from me personal set.  It was a wedding gift.  My China doesn't get used much, but I have decided to start using it at least on holidays with my family.  I can't take it with me when I die, so I may as well enjoy it while I can.  :)  I think it is a pretty pattern.  It is the 'Forever Spring' pattern by Johann Haviland, Bavaria Germany Fine China.

This one I found, last weekend, at a flea market for $0.50.   This pretty pattern is 'Floral Fantasy' by Fine China, Japan.

 I found this one today, at another flea market, for $1.00.  I'm not sure what this pretty pattern is called, but is by Royalton China Co., Japan.

These will be displayed on my blue wall in my living room, after I collect a few more.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What did you do for your last birthday?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PRETTY THINGS AND TREASURES...

As I uploaded the pictures of the pretty china plates and talked about how I have not used my china much over the last 22 years, I thought about how fragile those treasures really are.  I've decided to enjoy them while they are still pretty, whole pieces, and while I'm still alive to enjoy them.   

Everything turns to dust eventually and I imagine I will turn to dust before the fine china does.  :)

Now, I'm not being morbid, just stating a fact.  As long as I don't break all its pieces, or it's not destroyed in a fire or something, the fine china will be around for quite some time.    But as you know, we all die at some point in our life and we turn to dust quickly.

So, why should I keep my fine china tucked safely away and never use it?  Why should I store away treasure here on this earth?  I can't take it with me, when I die, so I should share with others.  

That same principle applies to our hearts and spiritual condition.    We need to have the love of God and His words in our hearts, but instead of tucking them safely inside and keeping them to ourselves, we should share them with others.

Do not gather and heap up and store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust and worm consume and destroy, and where thieves break through and steal.  But gather and heap up and store for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust nor worm consume and destroy, and where thieves do not break through and steal; For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21(Amplified)


Have a wonderful Sunday and remember I will pick the winners of my drawing at the end of the day!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia



My answer to yesterday's question: I usually spend my extra money on fabric or yarn.

2 comments:

  1. That is so true! It is easy to keep our treasures hidden away, when we should have them out to share and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is. :) Thanks Michele!

    Have a great week!

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham