Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Burning Rubber!

Tonight was the Logan County PieceMakers Quilt Guild meeting.   Charlotte handed out a sheet of helpful resources.  Look for Resources on the side bar and check them out.

One of the ladies at the guild meeting showed a quilt she has recently finished.  It was multicolored in many very small pieced blocks.  She designed the blocks and hand quilted the whole thing.  It was very pretty!  I didn't get  a picture of it, but believe me, she did an awesome job.  She even inspired me to hand quilt a small project.  I haven't done that in a few years.  I'm not ready for a big project, but I think I can handle a small one.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have mentioned before about being in the Autumn frame of mind.   Well, my "Autumn High" has kicked in.  It's a little earlier than normal this year, but when I hit high gear like this, the wheels in my mind start burning rubber!

Today, I decided it's time to improve upon my blog, some more.  So I'm going throw out a few ideas to you and I'd like your feedback.

The first thing is, when I get into the Autumn frame of mind, I start wanting to cook or bake.  Now understand, this is the only time of the year I want to cook (I'm thinking it's my body wanting to store up winter fat).   LOL...    Anyway,  I'm thinking of adding a weekly recipe to try.

Microsoft clip art
The second thing is, having a monthly block tutorial.

The third thing... I will be adding a weekly inspiration to the side bar as well.

I will continue with the Daily Question, until all the questions in my question jar have been asked.

1. Weekly Recipe
2. Monthly Block Tutorial (which I will also copy onto a separate tab, in case you need to go back and look at it.)
3. Weekly Inspiration

So, there you have it, a few things I'm thinking of adding.

Comments, Thoughts? Please share. :o) 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What' your least favorite word?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This morning, as I was doing my scripture reading, the Lord spoke to my heart and gave me the message to share one of the verses.   So, here is God's message for you today.
 
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He has said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. ~ Hebrews 13:5
 
Did you get the last part?  "I will never leave you, or forsake you".  That's God speaking.
 
 
Have a great Wednesday!!
God bless and keep you,
Sonia



My answer to the last question:  Something that most people don't know about me.... well, if I told, it wouldn't be a secret anymore.  LOL

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It is so hot here it is hard to imagine fall right now......maybe if I did that I would feel a little cooler :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... it het back up here today too... but I still am in the Autumn frame of mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham