Friday, August 26, 2011

Irene, Pumpkins and Samplers

IRENE!

Hello All!   The hatches are battened down, the winds are high and the waves are rising.   Lighting and thunder energize the air as the storm draws closer.

Let's lift up all family and friends, on the East coast, in prayer as Irene rocks through the area.

Here is what she looks like now  http://crisislanding.appspot.com/?lat=44.343290953058954&lng=-82.18994140625&z=4&layers=1314280383792&t=hybrid


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE


I have this huge can of pumpkin in my pantry and found a yummy recipe on allrecipes.com, called Upside Down Pumpkin Cake.

I'm waiting on permission to share their recipe on my blog before I post it.  Don't want to break any copyright laws.   You can check it out though at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/upside-down-pumpkin-cake/detail.aspx

I will post a pic and the recipe when I get permission.  If I don't, I will post a pic of my cake anyway.  :)


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's your best memory of your mother or father?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


You know how the Autumn fever has hit me and I'm buzzing on an Autumn high? 

Well, I have decided to make pumpkins, to decorate my cubicle at work, along with a Autumn theme wall hanging.  

I am making a set of three pumpkins.   Here's what I've done so far.  One little pumpkin stuffed.  Need to stuff the other two (they are larger) and then add embellishments, leaves, stems, etc.  




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I will begin posting a "block of the month", after Labor Day.   Keep watch for it.  I look forward to seeing the block you all make as we go through them.   I'm trying to decide between two sets.



1.  Underground Railroad Sampler

                       or 
 
2. Crossing Over Time Sampler





So, be ready... Labor Day week, I will post the first block and you will know which Sampler we will be doing.  :)


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When hurricanes blow in, I'm reminded of a passage in the Bible.

And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.  And He (Jesus) was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow; and they awake Him, and say unto Him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?  And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still.  And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.  And He said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?  ~  Mark 4:37-40

I pray there is a peace and calm, with those going through the storms, at this time.  
God bless and keep you,
Sonia



My answer to yesterday's question:  The bill I dislike paying the most... hmmm... I guess the electric bill.

6 comments:

  1. Hoping that Irene doesn't do too much damage. An upside down pumpkin cake sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for all the people on the East Coast. I look forward to fall weather and pumpkin pie.

    The storm is now over my family in NC. They are safe ...just getting hammered with rain. It will reach me by morning.

    Thanks for your well wishes on my blog.
    xo,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're further inland, but still getting a lot of rain and wind. They expect the worst of the storm during the night and tomorrow morning.

    You're making me hungry for pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen. I hope Irene doesn't do too much damage too. Will keep you all in my prayers. :)

    The upside down pumpkin cake was very good. :)

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dee. I will keep you all in my prayers. I'm looking forward to fall too, as you can see on my blog looks. :)

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan. Hope it doesn't get too much worse.

    I will continue to pray. Wanting pumpkin pie, I think is the main reason I made the upside down pumpkin cake. :)


    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham