Saturday, July 9, 2011

Good Read and Answered Prayer

A couple of days ago, I mentioned a book handed to me from Bonnie.    I read it on the way to Ft. Smith today and finished it.   She told me it was a good book and I couldn't agree more.

The Quilt, by T. Davis Bunn, is about an elderly grandmother named Mary, who in here last days feels there is something left undone in her life.   She hears the whisper of the Lord asking her to take on one last task.   The impact that is made on her family and community changes them forever.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About a month ago, I was in a major book store and found the book that I felt compelled to buy, but the price was too high for my budget at the time.  So I walked away, disappointed.   I have prayed about it, asking God to allow me to find the book at a price I could afford.   

Today, that prayer was answered!    

I went to the LifeWay store looking to replace a small Bible to carry in my handbag.   I found one, it's purple. But before I did, I happened across the book I have been praying for.   

My heart jumped, I looked at the price tag on the shelf under the book again...thinking "am I reading that right?"  "Yes, indeed! it's the book I've been looking for!"  I snatched one up. 
  
I was so excited I almost forgot about the little Bible.   I found my husband and in hushed tones I exclaimed "Babe! look what I found.  I found it on sale for $12.49!" 

I will start my 90 day study tomorrow.


Here's a pic of my little purple Bible.  I got it for $10.   


So, I walked out of the store with both books under the price of the one book at the other store.  

Now that is a blessing indeed! 

What kind of blessings have you had this week?


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I thought I was going to get some yarn on sale too, but I had my dates all wrong.   I have a pattern for a dishcloth that looks like a slice of watermelon, but I didn't have all the colors I needed.  I was missing white.  So I went ahead and bought white cotton thread.   I will post a pic of the dishcloth, when I get it done.

I guess that's all I've got for this evening.   I have a busy weekend planned ahead to get projects done.  I will post pics of what I accomplish this weekend.

Here's wishing you a great weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham