Monday, June 20, 2011

Moving On...

Today I returned to work.  

I thought I was prepared.  

I prayed.

I surrendered the day to God (or I thought I did), but while driving to work, my stomach began to hurt and my chest became tight and I realized I was dreading it.   

After I parked my car in the parking lot, I took out a little book I keep in my handbag, titled Open Windows.  It is a book with daily scripture readings and a short devotional for each day.  The one I read today was in the book of Luke. 
 
But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.  Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. ~ Luke 12:7  
I realized I was sweating the small stuff, and that all I should be worried about, is how I conduct myself in my walk with the Lord.   I am not alone.

So, I repeated the verse in my mind as I got out of the car and walked toward the building.   I kept it in my mind throughout the day and it helped.

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~
A Hmm... Moment

Today a gnat shared my craving for caffeine, but he overdosed.  
I found him floating in my cold cup of coffee.  (yuck)


~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

This evening I went to my sewing machine at 6 p.m.  I worked, fussed, tore out, and started over all in vain.   I finally put everything away at 10 p.m.    

Alas, I will not have an entry for the Hoffman Challenge at the guild meeting tomorrow evening.   
Oh well... you win some and you lose some.   No worries.   

Microsoft clip art


Now I can move on to the next project. 






 

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

Don't forget about the Giveaways in yesterday's blog. 
Check them out!



God bless and keep you,
Sonia

1 comment:

  1. Sonia, I remember those same feelings when I was in the work force. I am thankful that the Lord gave you words of comfort and peace as you entered into the building. Remembering that "He will never leave you nor forsake you" in all circumstances.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham