Monday, June 20, 2011

Moving On...

Today I returned to work.  

I thought I was prepared.  

I prayed.

I surrendered the day to God (or I thought I did), but while driving to work, my stomach began to hurt and my chest became tight and I realized I was dreading it.   

After I parked my car in the parking lot, I took out a little book I keep in my handbag, titled Open Windows.  It is a book with daily scripture readings and a short devotional for each day.  The one I read today was in the book of Luke. 
 
But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.  Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. ~ Luke 12:7  
I realized I was sweating the small stuff, and that all I should be worried about, is how I conduct myself in my walk with the Lord.   I am not alone.

So, I repeated the verse in my mind as I got out of the car and walked toward the building.   I kept it in my mind throughout the day and it helped.

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~
A Hmm... Moment

Today a gnat shared my craving for caffeine, but he overdosed.  
I found him floating in my cold cup of coffee.  (yuck)


~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

This evening I went to my sewing machine at 6 p.m.  I worked, fussed, tore out, and started over all in vain.   I finally put everything away at 10 p.m.    

Alas, I will not have an entry for the Hoffman Challenge at the guild meeting tomorrow evening.   
Oh well... you win some and you lose some.   No worries.   

Microsoft clip art


Now I can move on to the next project. 






 

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

Don't forget about the Giveaways in yesterday's blog. 
Check them out!



God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Memorial

M emories of times past, E ver present in my mind. M any have sacrificed, O thers have died. R emember them, never forget. I n d...