Friday, November 4, 2011

Require No Coupons

Hello all, sorry I've been away a few days.   Storm blew through Wednesday, knocked my electric out for awhile and then last night I was wore out and achy... went to bed by 9 pm, with is 3-4 hours early for me.

This evening, I worked on my paperback tree and angel.   I have them painted and glittered.  I still need to add a star to the tree and a head to the angel.  :)   I hope the have pics tomorrow.

I also baked a Apple Coffee Cake.  It is the recipe of the week, below.

I trust you had a good week and hope you have a great weekend.   


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

This recipe is out of one of my vintage cookbooks, Favorite Recipes of America - Desserts.

Apple Coffee Cake
by Mrs. William E. Conniff, Jr., Officers' Wives Club, Norfolk, Va.
2 eggs
4 cups diced raw apples
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
dash of salt
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients; blend well, but do not over beat.  Bake in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan at 350° for 45 minutes. 


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

Who are you most like in your family?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The best things in life are never rationed.
Friendship, loyalty, love, 
do not require coupons.
G.T. Hewitt


Until next time...

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question: it all depends on my mood, on how cook my eggs...  I like to eat them scrambled, fried and boiled.

1 comment:

  1. Morning
    So sorry to hear you didnt have power.
    Thats tough. Can't wait to see your tree and angels.
    And to try that yummy cake. I have a bunch of apples and think I will do it today.
    I think I am most like my Gram. Oh how I miss her.
    Have a wonderful Fall weekend!
    Blessings Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham