Saturday, January 7, 2012

Frame of Mind

Elvis, my tabby, was acting like a hunter this evening.  
 

I wondered what he was after, as he is usually not in that frame of mind.  

Well, I found out what it was.   There was a millipede strolling through my living room.  I don't know how it got in, but I assure you, it is now out.  :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

This recipe is a good one-skillet type of meal.  

Ham and Noodle Skillet

2 cups of cooked ham, cut in bite size pieces
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup of your choice of frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups dried spiral noodles (I used wheat noodles)
1  10.75 ounce can of cream of chicken soup
1  15 ounce can of chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

In a 12-inch skillet, add olive oil and heat.  Stir in ham and onion over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.   Stir in frozen veggies, noodles, soup, broth, water, thyme and black pepper.   Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring it from time to time, until noodles are done.

Another version, I think would taste good, is to use chicken and egg noodles in place of the ham and spiral noodles.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's a little chilly this evening and I'm in the frame of mind, of making myself a cup of hot cocoa.

So, I bid you good night and wish you a beautiful Sunday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. Elvis is too cute. My daughter has a yellow cat named Elvis....great name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billie! It's good to know I'm not the only one with a cat named Elvis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonia~
    You have so many goodies on your website. This recipe looks awesome too! Blessings to you this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly! Thanks and here is wishing you a year full blessing too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham