Friday, January 13, 2012

As surely as the sun rises...

Hello!

Today, I thought it would be nice to have a little bit of "Spring" in the house.  So I put together this little bouquet.

I worked on this month's block of the month.  It is posted below.  I also made a new easier block of last month's block.   Check it out on the AQST Block of the Month tab above, it is labeled Block #3.



Earlier in the week, when I visited my brother, sister-n-law and new niece in the hospital, I forgot to take the afghan I made for my niece.  So I will have to take it to them, when they get all settled at home.   I thought I'd go ahead and share the afghan with you.  Though this picture doesn't show the colors well, I made it with a pretty, baby soft, pastel yarn.

Today, I decide the next afghan I'm going to make will be a scripture afghan.  It is made up of 24 different blocks, each using a different stitch that coincides with a scripture.  I decided to do this, so that I can make one block at a time, in between  projects.

Have you made an afghan using separate blocks or a pieced afghan?
It is easier than a "whole cloth" afghan?


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BLOCK OF THE MONTH #4

This month's block is a simple four patch.

Using a solid colored fabric and a theme fabric, cut two of each, 6 inch blocks

(A) Sew one solid 6" block to a 6" theme block
(B) Sew one 6" theme block to a 6" solid block

Sew A to B with seams matching.    Press.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Microsoft clip art

Let us acknowledge the LORD; 
let us press on to acknowledge Him.
As surely as the sun rises,
He will appear;
He will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth.
~ Hosea 6:3


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's all I have for this evening.    Here's wishing you a wonderful weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham