Friday, September 2, 2011

Doc's recipe

Hello All!   This is going to be short and sweet.  I took a sinus pill and I'm already getting drowsy.  So I'm going to post this week's recipe and a little project that I just got done... then I will drift off to sleep.  :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THIS WEEKS RECIPE

I got this recipe several years ago and can't remember where it came from.

Doc McCoy's Peach Cobbler

2  cans (28 oz) Sliced Peaches in heavy syrup
1  box Yellow Cake mix
2  sticks of Butter

Place the peaches and syrup in the baking dish.  I used a 9x13 cake pan.   Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix over the peaches.   Slice the sticks of butter, lengthwise, and place on top of cake mix, covering most of it. 



Here it is, just before, going into the oven.
 
Bake in a 325°F oven.  Depending on your oven it will be 45-60 minutes baking.  I cooked mine for 60 minutes.  It will be a little loose when taken out of the oven.  Let it cool and it will thicken as it cools.


Here it is, just out of the oven.

It is very sweet and rich, will need some coffee or milk to go with it.





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S FINISHED PROJECT


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE those pumpkins!! And thanks for the recipe. :) That's my kind of easy recipe! Which reminded me of a really easy recipe for a treat that I must share on a future post! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum....sounds delicious! Enjoy your weekend. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Love the pumpkins too :-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham