Thursday, September 8, 2011

Decorations and Celebrations

Hello All!

Today I put up the Autumn decorations in my living room.  The patriotic hanging I had on my front door is now replace with a wreath I made today.
 
I know it is a little bit early, but Autumn is my favorite time of year and I like to decorate for it.  



On top of my piano....









down next to my piano seat...









  on my cedar chest next to the love seat...







  


 
and on my dining table.






I also put together what I will decorate my cubicle at work with.   I will take it in, in the next two weeks or so... but want to get a small Autumn wall hanging done first. :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Wouldn't you know it, my oven went out.  I never realized how much I would miss my oven, until it was gone.  So I have taken a baked recipe and changed it up a bit, with the original in parenthesis where the changes are made,  to be cooked on top of the stove.   I received the recipe from my Aunt Ree, several years ago.   It's called Texas Hash.

Texas Hash
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
I can diced tomatoes (the original calls for crushed tomatoes)
1/2 cup minute rice (the original called for regular rice, uncooked)
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a large skillet combine meat, onion and green pepper and cook, stirring often, until meat is brown and vegetables are tender.  Drain off any fat.  

Stir in the tomatoes, rice, salt, chili powder and ground pepper.  Cover and cook on low for 15 - 20 minutes.  (the original calls to heat the oven to 350°, and to pour all the mixed ingredients into a ungreased 2 quart casserole and bake for 1 hour.)









+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

If you could have any job, what would it be?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesterday, my hubby and I went shopping.   At one store I was asked if I was 55 or older.  That tickled me.  I had a grin on my face the rest of the day.   My husband told the young lady that I wasn't, but he was close.  :)   I've decided that when he hits that golden age in three years, I will give him my purchases and let him pay for them, that way the discount will be done.  :)

I've been on this earth for 44 years, today, but the birthday I really want to celebrate is my spiritual birthday.  It happens during this month too.  

15 years ago, I asked the Lord to save my soul from an eternity in hell.   The good news is, He did!  It's a choice, I am happy I finally stopped denying Him, and accepted His grace and forgiveness.   I have never looked back.   To me, that day was the day I truly began to live. 

I don't know if you can relate to what I'm talking about, but there is a peace within that wasn't there before.  There is a freedom within, that wasn't there before.   Where there once was dark, angry feelings, there is now joy and light.

I can now face my trials and tribulations with the security of knowing I'm not facing them alone.

Without Him, I was a lost wandering soul, but with Him I am found and loved as a child of God.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have ever lasting life. ~ John 3:16

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'll sign off for now.   Hope you have  fabulous Friday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question:  not very many.

4 comments:

  1. The Fall decorations look great! I love all the colors, I'll be breaking mine out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday and spiritual birthday! I can almost smell your Texas Hash cooking. I discovered a long time ago that if you start frying onions, the family thinks dinner is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fall decorations :-) Mine will go up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 'both' Birthdays! Both are worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham