Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Brought to mind...

Hello!

Hope this finds you doing well and warm.  :)   

Warm, is what I have wanted all day.   I have been chilled all day and at this moment I have a space heater blowing toward me.  I'm still trying to warm up.

Last night, I saw more batting, than I ever have, in one place.   At the guild meeting, last night, we cut 75 yards of batting.  The batting was 96" wide.  We cut it lengthwise into 48" widths, then cut it down into 50" lengths, so that we ended up with 48"X50" pieces.  The batting was cut this way for guild members to take and use for love and lap quilts.   

I brought home three pieces, to begin with.   I'm planning on making two lap quilts and a love quilt with these three pieces.  The lap quilts will go to a local nursing home and the love quilts go to a local child development service.

Another goal I have this year, is to get back to donating blankets to Project Linus.  I have done so in the past, but got away from it, in the past few years.

You can check Project Linus out at http://www.projectlinus.org/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The other day, I mentioned that I requested permission to share the crochet pattern for the Scripture Afghan, I have started.   Permission was denied, due to copyright stipulations.   So, I will show the blocks as I finish them, but will not be able to share the pattern with you.   I hope to have my first block done by the end of the week.  The cool thing is, I will be learning a new stitch or pattern with each block.



The old quilt top, I chose the other day, to finish off... I have decided to square it up and add simple, dark borders.  This will frame the quilt and showcase the blocks.   





++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today, I heard a song on the radio that brought to mind, my friend Sherry.  She has moved away and I miss seeing her in church and choir, the conversations we had and the laughter we shared.    

The song I heard was How Great is our God.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


That's all I have for this evening... 

...got to go and try to warm up... I'm thinking a hot chocolate and a blanket will do the trick.  :)

Have a terrific Thursday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. I've been wrapped in a blanket and sipping hot tea all day. We have a fire in the fireplace, too. It's been snowing most of the day here, in the far western suburbs of Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! While watching the weather earlier I heard your area had a lot of snow. I'm glad you're staying warm. :) So far, our winter in Arkansas has been very mild. It makes me wonder what we are in for, later on this year.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham