Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lord, give me the strength and grace to face it.


I missed my youngest today.   

She was on a band trip to Hot Springs.  A day planned, full of fun, with a Skillet concert to boot.   She just called and told me she will be home around 1:00 a.m.

At one point this evening, I walked to the kitchen and a thought hit me.   It was just me and David in the house.   Our son was still at work, daughter on her trip and the house was so quiet.   I thought, is this how it's going to be when they are both moved out into their own places?   

I don't think I like the quiet.   

I know however, that the day is coming and coming sooner than I like, that I will be facing that situation.

Lord, give me the strength and grace to face it. 


 ******************************************************************
Have you hugged your kitty today?

Today is Hug Your Cat day!

June 4th actually has three bizarre holidays attached to it, but since I have a fat Tabby named Elvis, I thought I'd highlight "Hug Your Cat Day".

Not sure who came up with this "holiday" or when it originated.  Not even sure there is any factual data out there, couldn't seem to find it, but I am sure it was a cat lover who created it.   I also found out June is "Adopt A Cat Month".    

Dog lovers... sorry... but I'm sure I will come across a "Hug Your Dog Day" at some point, though...

The other two bizarre holidays assigned to today are "Old Maid's Day" and "Applesauce Cake Day".

 
 *************************************************
Nap Taker?
 
Do you take naps?
  
Cast your vote on the poll above.  
 
Poll ends June 10th


**************************************************
Progress...
My Goals for this weekend...

  1. Mug Rug - for mug rug swap
  2. Crocheted dishcloth - to go with mug rug
  3. 2 crocheted rings - for friend
  4. Continue Hoffman Challenge project
What I have accomplished thus far...
  1. Mug Rug - completed
  2. Crocheted dishcloth - completed
  3. 1 crocheted ring - started

 ************************************************************
Calling for 50!

I need 19 more followers to reach my goal of 50.
When I get 50 I will start a Giveaway to celebrate!
Please share my blog with others and ask them to join us.

I thank you for your help in this challenge.  
If you have suggestions to improve my blog, please share them with me.
  

***************************************************************
Until next time...
 
God bless and keep you,
Sonia
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sonia! They grow up fast don't they! I didn't believe that when mine were two! Looks like you are up to some great projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not so bad, the quiet is nice, I miss my boys but after they visit for a few days, I miss the quiet.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham