Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Too blessed to be stressed

Hi,

Tonight AWANA began for this school year.   I was a little worried, I would be too tired/stress to be of any help with the group.   I worried for naught.

Tonight was what I needed.  I left truly blessed, filled with renewed joy and energy.   That's the way it always is.   The kids we work with are amazing and it seems no matter how I might feel before going to an AWANA meeting, I always feel uplifted and blessed by the end.

This year I'm working with the T&T group.  That is grades three through six.  Michele, the lady I'm working with, and I are with the sixth grade girls this year.

After the opening ceremony, rotation begins.


We begin with recreation.  Today they played dodge ball.

Then we had council time, where we learned about missionaries working in Rhode Island.

My pictures didn't turn out very good, but I plan to share throughout this school year the different things we do.

After council time we had book time.  This is where the kids learn scripture and what they mean.

This evening we had a total of 88 kids and in the T&T group, while we were in counseling, I counted 33.

If you would like to learn more about AWANA check out this website.http://awana.org/on/demandware.store/Sites-Awana-Site/default/Default-Start

I can truly say this evening I'm too blessed to be stressed.

Here's wishing you a terrific Thursday.  It will be my Friday.

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Lighting up the sky

I shot a video of lightning as storms rolled in this evening. Here are some shots from it. Sonia