Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pink/Mauve Fields...

Hello,

I've probably mentioned this before, but I need Sunday worship at church to get me ready for my week.

Can anyone relate?

I go through the week and by the time Saturday rolls around, I'm ready for inspiration and uplifting to start my new week out.  It seems no matter what, if I attend Sunday school, praise and worship service, I'm always ready for the work week to begin.

This evening I was truly blessed with a senior choir who visited my church and sang for us.  They are the Saints Alive, from 1st Baptist in Rogers, Ar.  Also the sermon was on Daniel in the lions den.  If you ever wonder if God takes care of His people, read Daniel chapter 6.

Right now I'm listening to a Christmas CD, I found for $1.99 at a SAVERS store. It was a good find.  I'm always looking for good Christmas music to play during the season.

The other day as my husband and I were traveling down the road and I saw fields of pink/mauve.  No, I was not on an hallucinogenic.  :)   It is some kind of grass that grows and the tops have a pink/mauve hue in the right kind of sunlight.   Here's a picture of it...


David took some pictures later in the week.  I like this one with the fish.  It is almost camouflaged.


I also liked this picture he took.










+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SPOOKY   ;)

As I was out on the shop floor doing an inspection one day this past week, this is what I saw.  It had been standing on its own since the night before.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE
I know it has been a week or two since I last posted a recipe and I apologize for that.  :)
David cooked something for lunch the other day that was awesome.


Dave's Roasted Veggies
3 fresh crowns of broccoli, chopped  
3 large carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
1/4 onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 bell pepper coarsely chopped
6 slices bacon, fried and chopped
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 - 1 cup of shredded cheese (your choice)
Greek seasoning to taste
Cayenne to taste
Olive oil

Combine all veggies on a baking pan, lightly pour olive oil over veggies, add seasonings,stir to evenly coat all the veggies with oil and seasoning.  Roast in oven at 375° F for 30 minutes.  In the last 5 minutes of roasting add the chopped bacon, pecans and shredded cheese.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's all I have for now.   Here's wishing you a Marvelous Monday, as the new month starts.

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


2 comments:

  1. Morning Friend
    My hubs and I so need our Sunday fuel too.
    Thats what we call Church. Our fuel.
    Its not always a good thing when we miss.
    Beautiful photo
    Have a great week.
    Happy Fall
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham