Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Took what I had...

Today was a pretty day.  This morning I opened the windows and let the cool air into the house.  It was nice to have the breeze blowing in as I finished up this small quilt.  It measures 36" x 36".  It started out as two small quilt tops.  I cut them up then sewed them together, put a border around them and tied them in pink yarn.  It is backed and bound with a light floral print.



Yesterday I sewed this quilt top together.  It measures 36" x 40".
.

Here are some muffins I baked this morning.   I didn't have a recipe, so I took what I had and made the batter.  They turned out good and I wrote the recipe down.


Apple Muffins
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 can unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup milk
  1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
  2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugars, mixing well.  
  3. Add egg, applesauce and milk to dry mixture and mix well.
  4. Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.  Fill the muffin tins with batter to just below the rim of the tins (these will only rise to just above the rim of the tin)
  5. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.  Test with a toothpick to check if they are done.

Hugs,
Sonia


2 comments:

  1. É Páscoa! Cristo está vivo, o túmulo está vazio, Ele ressuscitou!!! A mais bela festa dos Cristãos.
    Crentes no Amor de Deus Pai que nos deu seu Filho Jesus Cristo que permanece conosco pela força do
    Espírito Santos, seguimos nossa caminhada na construção de um mundo mais justo, fraterno, humano,
    harmonioso e de doação.
    Todos somos promotores da Paz!
    Feliz, Santa e Abençoada Páscoa.
    Um doce abraço, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie! Happy Easter to you too. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham