- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugars, mixing well.
- Add egg, applesauce and milk to dry mixture and mix well.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Fill the muffin tins with batter to just below the rim of the tins (these will only rise to just above the rim of the tin)
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Test with a toothpick to check if they are done.