Saturday, March 12, 2016

Before and After

Hi, I walked into my sewing room this afternoon and thought "Oh my!"  In a week's time it has become chaos.


So I set about get it cleaned up.  I hung the wall hanging my friend Kathy gave me a few month's ago.  I had trouble deciding where I wanted to hang it, and then things kept getting in the way.  I finally have it hanging at home in my living room.


I got things put away and a little sewing done.


I sewed this bag for left over yarn balls.  It is made from an old rug I made out of washcloths a long time ago.


Then I took this remnant, left over from a throw size quilt I made a few years ago.  This top was half hand pieced and the other half serged.  I used the serged pieces for the throw, feeling they would last longer for the person I gave the throw to.   This half was hand pieced and I have been wanting to cover a pillow I use on my couch, just to change things up.  So I took this piece and made a cover for the pillow.   It can be thrown in the washer and dryer to clean and is an easy change out.

Before

After
I shared two small quilt tops, made from 6.5" blocks a few blogs before, but this week I made a decision and cut those tops up at an angle and sewed them together.  Instead of two ordinary tops, I now have one interesting top.  I will border it with the dark blue and back it with the light print.



It has been a rainy week, but I was able to get a couple of cool pictures. These two pictures were taken the same day as the sun was going down.  In the west the sky was orange and in the east there was a rainbow.



Hugs,
Sonia

2 comments:


  1. "Ontem foi embora.Amanhã ainda não veio. Temos somente hoje, comecemos!!!Qualquer ato
    de amor, por menor que seja, é um trabalho pela paz" (Madre Teresa de Calcutá)
    Fico sempre feliz com sua doce presença lá no meu cantinho! Obrigada!

    Um grande abraço querida, Marie.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham