Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Warm and Safe

As the snow falls, I'm glad I'm dry and warm and at home.  I took a half day of vacation this afternoon and got home before the yucky stuff started moving in.

My afternoon?  ... got a good nap in.  
I told in my last blog that I'm doing the Daniel diet and last night I was tired of steamed veggies, bean burgers, salads without ranch dressing, etc.  So I got a big pot, some vegetables and threw together a soup.  It turned out pretty good and I can see it being used off the Daniel diet as well.

Here's what I did.

My D.D. Vegetable Soup
  • 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • Small hand full of baby carrots cut in thirds
  • ¼ of a small cabbage, chopped
  • ¼ of an onion, chopped
  • ¼ of a jalapeƱo, chopped, if you want it spicier use more pepper (can use other pepper)
  • 1 can of corn (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
  • 1 can of beans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed (can use pinto, chili, black or navy beans)
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
  • 1-2 dashes of Greek seasoning
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ½ tsp. chili powder
  • ½ tsp. cumin
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil

Put olive oil in big pot along with chopped onion, pepper, carrots, potatoes, and cabbage.  Add a couple dashes of Greek seasoning.   Cook for a few minutes over medium heat, stirring often.  Add the corn, beans, tomatoes, other seasonings and water.  Mix well.  Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes and carrots are tender.

If you are not doing the Daniel fast, you can change this soup up by adding cooked chopped chicken, or ground beef, macaroni or rice.

Stay warm and stay safe.

Hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham