Monday, February 16, 2015

Brought back...

I stayed home today.  I was in bed all day with a headache.  I took something for it and it zonked me out.  I woke around 3:00 p.m.  I was still a little sensitive to light but it began to ease up.  I fixed myself a strong cup of coffee and the caffeine seemed to help clear my head.

I looked out my front window, around 4:30 p.m. and saw a few beautiful cardinals.  The males bright red showed up well against white of the snow dusted ice on the ground.  The females blended in with the surroundings.

Seeing the cardinals brought back a memory of my friend Bonnie telling me about the cardinals she had in her yard one snowy winter.  She described them to me in such a way that I remember thinking that what she saw was truly a beautiful sight.  She lives in a different area now and I miss her. She has a way of making you feel at ease and welcomed.  She shoots straight with you, and you know she is a woman of her word.  I think that is a rare trait now days.  So if you're out there Bonnie, reading my blog, thank you for being true and for being my friend.  :)

If I hadn't been in bed all day, I probably would have tried to go outside to catch a picture of the cardinals I saw today.  But I figured it was the major change in the weather that had set my headache off, as it had set in last night.  We went from temperatures in the sixties on Saturday to temperatures in the thirties yesterday.

So, since I didn't want to miss another day of work, I stayed in and didn't get a picture of the birds.

I picked a picture from Microsoft clip art to share.  This will give you an idea of what I saw, only with less snow.


I hope you stayed warm and had a good day today.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the cardinals come to our bird feeder. We don't have snow but the weather has been pretty cold for a few days and the birds are eating lots of feed.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham