Saturday, April 13, 2013

Catching Up...

It's been a few days since I last wrote.  This week has been a busy one and when I woke this morning, I realized it was already the weekend.

I slept in.

When I finally woke up, David was outside and when I went to the back door, there my hubby was planting flower seeds in pots to start them, before planting them.  I can't wait to see them blooming later.

Today was a day of relaxing and getting a few things done that I've been wanting to do, but didn't have time this week.


*******************************************************

If you have any yarn left over from projects and are wondering what to do with it, how about using  it to make coasters.

I had some yarn left over from the last set of dishcloths I crocheted.  So, I decided to crochet a coaster using the two yarns together.  It makes for a thicker more absorbent coaster.










*******************************************************

This week at work we had a pot luck for one of the young ladies leaving.  She is going to spend time with her children, while they are young.  I wish her the very best and think she made a wise decision. 

I have to tell you the group I work with know how to pot luck!  The potluck was Mexican themed.
Everything I tried was yummy!

I took a slow cooker enchilada casserole and it was a hit.  There was nothing left.  That's a good feeling.  :)

*******************************************************

The log cabin quilt I've been working on is coming along slow, but I know I will get it done.

I have a new camera and have been trying it out.   The pictures in this blog, except for the potluck pictures, were taken with my new camera.  My husband told me I need to carry my camera with me, so that I have it when ever I see a beautiful scene or something I want to take a picture of.   So, I'm going to make a small case for it so that I can carry it in my handbag.  I have a camera case for it but it is too big for me to take with me all the time.

Here are a few more pics, I've taken while learning the camera.














I guess that's all I have for now.  Here's wishing you a wonderful weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham