Saturday, February 2, 2013

Woo... Pig... Sooi!

I woke up earlier today than I have for the past four weeks.   Life Style Youth Ministries, at First Baptist Paris, had a Razorback basketball game to catch.  We had a pretty good sized group and had to use the People Mover and the van.


On the way up to Fayetteville, we went through the Bobby Hopper Tunnel on 540 N and just before we got to the tunnel one of the kids called out, "hold your breath all the way through the tunnel".   So we enter the tunnel and it gets very quiet and is quiet through the tunnel.  Oh, if you could have heard the gasp for air as we left that tunnel!  :0)

This was my very first Razorback game.  


I guess you could say I was in Hog heaven.

Before the game started, I took a overhead picture of the court and stadium seats. I'm thinking it would make a cool looking quilted wall hanging.














Then the Arkansas Razorback team was introduced.

They played Tennessee today.



The two teams went back and forth, each scoring, giving high points and low points in the excitement.


woo...pig...sooi
woo...pig...sooi
woo...pig...sooi
 Razorbacks!
(yes, I learned how to call the Hogs today)  :0)


I'm happy to report the HOGS WON!



I wasn't able to get a good picture of them from where I was sitting, but the Razorback Band was awesome!



We were on our way back home around 6:00 p.m., just as the sun was going down.









The sky is clear tonight.  I'm always amazed at the beauty God has given us in the night sky.  On the way back I noticed the Great Bear in the sky.  Ursa Major, which contains one of the most popular constellations, the Big Dipper.   Here is how it looks this time of the year.

And God made two great lights; the great light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: He made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.  And the evening and the morning were the forth day. ~ Genesis 1:16-19


♥ ♥ ♥

VALENTINE
~above all things, remember God loves you ~


Check this project out on Pinterest.

When you get to this pin on Pinterest, click on it and will take you to the blog with instructions.

♥ ♥ ♥

Microsoft clip art

From what I understand, Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow today, so it looks like Spring will be early.

Only time will tell.  :0)

I guess that's all I have for this evening.

Until next time, 
God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham