So how's that working out for me?
Well, today I didn't get everything I had planned done. As you know my mornings are for job hunting and afternoons for projects. Today, when I finished with job applications and such, I realized it was 3:00 p.m. Thus, my afternoon was shot. That's okay though, as least I have my name in on a few more job opportunities.
I will catch up on projects tomorrow.
This afternoon, it struck me as I walked to my mailbox, of what a beautiful day the Lord blessed us with. It seems I tend to over look those simple blessings when I'm busy. I'm glad I had that moment to "slow down". :)
Now, we're expecting some snow tomorrow. Gotta love Arkansas weather. :)
This evening I cooked a cabbage/rice casserole. I found a recipe in one of my cookbooks, but like usual, I didn't have everything it called for or I thought I could add to it to change it up. Today it was little of both. So here's what I came up with.
|Cabbage/Rice Casserole served with tortilla chips and pepperoncinies|
1/2 head of cabbage - chopped
1/4 onion - chopped
2/3 cups uncooked rice
1 can chili beans
1 can diced stewed tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400° F
- In a skillet combine ground beef, onions, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and cook until ground beef is done.
- While beef is cooking, grease a baking pan and add chopped cabbage to pan.
- When beef is done, add rice, chili beans, diced stewed tomatoes and mix well. Pour meat mixture over cabbage in baking pan. Pour the chicken broth over all.
- Cover pan with foil and bake in oven for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Coordinating papers, I used pink and a mottled colored paper.
- Coordinating color yarn, I used hot pink.
- Large eyed needle
- Hole punch