Saturday, February 16, 2013

What would you do?

This morning I woke with a recipe running through my mind.  I wondered if it would be good.  So I got up and started making it, writing the ingredients down as I went.   It turned out tasty.

Oatmeal Apricot Muffins
  1. 1 cup oats
  2. 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  3. 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  4. 1 teaspoon salt
  5. 1 teaspoon baking powder
  6. 1/3 cup sugar
  7. 2/3 cup brown sugar
  8. 3/4 cup milk
  9. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  10. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  11. 1 heaping tablespoon apricot preserves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a bowl mix the dry ingredients 1-5 and mix well.  In a separate bowl mix ingredients 6-11 and mix well, adding this wet mixture to the dry mixture.  Mix well and then fill greased or lined muffin tins with batter to about 3/4 full.  Back for 15-17 minutes.   Let cool in pan about 5 minutes, then turn out on to rack to cool rest of the way.   I think this recipe would work good with other fruit, preserves or jams (peach, apple, raisin, banana) too.

♥ ♥ ♥

This afternoon, I planned out the fabrics I will need for the log cabin quilt I plan to start next week.

I am going to quilt it, as I go, one block at a time.

It is going to be a log cabin with a chain.   The blocks will 9" square when finished and it will be a full size quilt when I'm done.

I will be making it in variations of blue with the chain being a contrasting color, I'm leaning toward an antique white.

The only thing I have left to decide, is if I will make it a scrappy quilt, using the blues I have in my fabric stash, or if I want to buy fabric.  Again, I'm leaning toward the fabrics I have in my stash.

What would you do?


God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. My stash is so large, I could make a dozen quilts with it, without having to purchase more fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stash is pretty big and I have decided to use what I have for the log cabin quilt. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham