Wednesday, February 13, 2013

God's Valentine

♥ ♥ ♥

VALENTINE
~above all things, remember God loves you~

I can't think of a better valentine to share, than the love of God with others.   I know He has made an amazing change in my life.   He sought me, I gave my sins and myself to Him, He loves me unconditionally.  

How?   

God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on a cross for our sins.   All we need to do is believe, trust and accept His love.  We can't buy it, work for it, nor will we ever deserve it, but God loves us unconditionally and is waiting for us to heed His call.
♥ ♥ ♥

I thought, since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I'd start out with the valentine section as I most likely won't post again until Friday or Saturday.

I've been busy since I last posted.   I have a "grandmothers garden" quilt top that I received some time back, from a friend.   It is all hand pieced.  It was not finished and I didn't have the pattern to finish it.  It was big enough for me to square it off and it still be a full size quilt.   I am going to tie this quilt, as I'm not sure I want to take a chance trying to quilt it on my sewing machine.  I hope to get it finished by the end of the week as I have a log cabin quilt I want to start sewing, no later than Monday.

I was able to save a couple of blocks from the "grandmother's garden" quilt, after trimming it, and made a cute pillow to throw on the couch.

one side
other side












I crocheted a potholder to go with two dishcloths.

posted on blog dated 1/29/13

back side
front side












♥ ♥ ♥

My sweetheart, David, has come down with an upper respiratory sickness (I think).  He woke Monday sounding like he was losing his voice, he has felt bad and has had a cough since then.    Please remember him in your prayers.  I tend to worry about him, as he has a weakened immune system and is more susceptible to pneumonia and such.

I guess that's all I have for this evening.
Microsoft clipart

Here's wishing you a Love filled Valentine's Day!

God bless and keep you, 
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the John 3:16 Valentine - I hadn't seen it written like that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) Feel free to share it with others.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham