Thursday, July 26, 2012

As promised...

Hi again.

As promised my banana pudding recipe is below.

It rained today, which is a blessing.  The temps have cooled down from 105° to 76° at the present.  I think it is still lightly raining outside this evening.

I read, after beginning, that one should not make a meringue on a rainy or humid day... oops!  I thought well, I may as well try... I'm in an air conditioned house... maybe it will be dry enough.

Well, I went ahead and made the pudding on the stove top and then topped the whole thing with the meringue and baked it.    I think it turned out okay. :)

I'm letting it cool as I type.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Weekly Recipe
Old Fashioned Banana Pudding

1 bunch of bananas, well ripened and sliced into rounds
2 bags of vanilla wafers
4 egg whites
2 cups sugar
2 large boxes of vanilla pudding (to be cooked on the stove top)
6 cups milk

In a large oven safe bowl or dish, layer vanilla wafers and sliced bananas.

In a large bowl (metal, copper or glass - do not use plastic), whip the egg whites until they form peaks (use an electric beater, as it is too much work by hand) adding the sugar by tablespoons as the peaks form. (usually 1/4 cup sugar to each egg white, if you want to use more egg whites).

Cook the pudding mix and milk on the stove per directions on package.

Pour the hot pudding over the cookie and banana layers.  Top with the meringue.  Bake in oven at 350° F for 20 to 30 minutes (until the meringue is browned and done).

Remove from oven and let cool before serving.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

God bless and keep you,
Sonia




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham