Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'm Glad I Recieved It...

Hello!   I trust you have had a great weekend thus far.

Today has been a day of relaxation for me.   I put the pork roast on this morning, and it smelled yummy, cooking all day in the crock pot.   The recipe is posted below.

Microsoft clip art
Then I wound up watching a scary movie with my kids.    The crazy thing is, the info on the TV wasn't correct for the movie.  So I don't know the name of the movie, but it was good.   Not too scary but scary enough, if you know what I mean.  The suspense was very good.  :)
  
This evening I worked on a top for a lap quilt.   The pieced center was a quilt top that was donated to me.  It wasn't finished and not squared off.  So I cut it down and squared it off, then added the borders to make it the right size for a lap quilt.   I think it turned out very pretty.  I like the colors.   I'm not sure who did the pieced work, but I'm glad I received it to use.  It will brighten someones day in the local nursing home. 





++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's your favorite commercial?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Sonia's Pulled Pork Sandwich
1 - 2 1/2 lb. Pork Roast
Salt
Black Pepper
Greek Seasoning (I use Cavender's All Purpose Greek seasoning)
1/4 large Onion
1/2 Green Pepper
1 Celery stalk
1 - 14.5 oz can of Chicken Broth

Thaw the pork roast, if frozen.   Rinse the roast off thoroughly.   On both sides, salt, black pepper and Greek seasoning.   Place in a crock pot.   Cut up onion, green pepper and celery in chunks and place in the crock pot with the roast.   Pour the chicken broth in around the roast.   Cook on high for 5 hours, then turn down to low and cook for 2 more hours.    
 
When the roast is done, put in on a platter, cover and let it rest for thirty minutes.  Then, shred the roast with two forks.   Now it's ready to put on a bun and enjoy!

I added coleslaw and barbecue sauce to my sandwich and it was delicious! :)







+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, I guess that's if for today.    

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question: spending time with my hubby, kids, family or friends.

2 comments:

  1. Sonia,
    Nothing like a good scary movie!
    The quilt is beautiful ~ so sweet of you to donate it to a nursing home.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe ~ sounds yummy!
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hop on over to my blog and see a few of my favorite scary movies. Ejoyed the pulled pork recipe looks good.

    ivegonequilting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham