Thursday, October 13, 2011

Count Your Many Blessings

The other day, a friend of mine mentioned writing a journal on the blessing that come your way, no matter how small.   I think it's a good idea.

Take time to notice those blessings that come your way.  For instance....

The sun's rays cut through the clouds in the Eastern sky... what a great way to start the day (a blessing).

or

This cantaloupe, my husband picked yesterday (his one and only cantaloupe that grew this year)... it was the sweetest I have tasted in a very long time (a blessing).

In the Bible, God made a promise of blessing to Abraham and it still applies to us today.

And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. ~ Ezekiel 34:26

So, give it a try.  Start a journal and write down a blessing every time it comes your way.

I'm going to start one.

I think we will be surprised of how blessed we are.  :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TODAY'S QUESTION

What is something that can always make you feel better?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tonight, after my Bible study, I worked on my quilt project.  I got quite a bit done as I sang along with the Gaither Vocal Band.   Those guys can sure praise the Lord!  :)   Here's one that I can totally relate to.


 Okay, I got a little side-tracked.... back to my quilt project... I hope to have a finished project to show you soon.  

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't wait for a crisis 
to discover what is 
important in your life. 
~ Quilted Hearts


God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question:  I wanted to be a soldier.

6 comments:

  1. At first I was worried about the melon with the recent recalls. Glad it was one you grew yourselves. God does bless us in sweet ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding my DH's hand always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Sweet Blessing today was resting on the back porch with my DH Big Mick. It was quiet and we watched the squirrels playing in the trees.

    I loved the song. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Gaither Vocal Band too. :)

    This week, I'm thankful for seeing my devotional in the new Love is a Verb devotional book.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, thank you for stopping by! Your new devotional book sounds like a good one.

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham