Saturday, October 1, 2011

First Day of October...

Hello all!   October has already started.  Boy, time sure flies by.   

I had a great week, the Revival was awesome.   Last night wrapped the week up with 8 baptisms and 3 more new brother and sisters in Christ.    Though it was the last scheduled day of the revival at my church, I'm thinking there is no need of revival ending within me. I can continue to feel revival as I continue to focus on the presence of the Lord in my life.  :)


Today was Frontier's Day. 

I took lots of pics today, starting with my daughter playing the drum in the parade.



Saw some sweet rides...




 

I also got to help judge the costumes. 
There were horse draw wagons




I found tin pumpkins for sale too.


And this little cutie rode by in her Radio Flyer and I couldn't help but take a pic.  



I also watched a reenactment of a hanging, way back in the day.  I will post pics of it tomorrow.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Easy Cheesy Chicken 1 
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Cheesy-Chicken-I/Detail.aspx#  
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10-75 ounce) can condensed cream of cheddar cheese soup
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
I also added 1/2 green pepper chopped and 1/2 onion chopped 

Rinse chicken and pat dry.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Place chicken and chopped pepper and onion in slow cooker.   In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of chicken, mushroom and cheddar soups.  Pour over the chicken, peppers and onions.    Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Stir in sour cream just before serving.    Serve over rice or pasta. 



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TODAY'S QUESTION

If you were stranded in the wilderness, what five things would you want to have with you?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well y'all I'm going to sign off.  I have a headache coming on and am wore out for the awesome week and today.     Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question: my earliest childhood memory, in Florida, backyard, standing on a sand bucket and sticking my arm in the ringers of the washing machine, while it was on.   I was three.

2 comments:

  1. What a week and I love smiling as I think of the reverent miracles you were a part of! Hope your headache abated. Love, Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great revival, and a fun follow up event. Nice week you had.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham